Re: [Planner] problems connecting to postgresql

Hi!

El vie, 29-10-2004 a las 16:25, juergen schmidt escribió:

> hey
>
> i want to use planner for project-administration of a small development
> team. the software looks fine and fits our needs. i implicitly need
> database connection and network-service for this tool:
>
> we have a running postgresql-server which is configured and works fine.
> i can connect with all other applications to the server. i wrote a
> testconnector in perl and php -> works fine. without problems i can
> connect to the plannerdb on the postgres-server.
>
> in the testenvironment i have postgresql running on localhost. later on
> i need to change it to our file-server which runs postgresql too.
>
> planner is not able to connect to the database-server. i followed the
> instructions on the website to set up the database and load the schema.
> worked fine too. structure is imported without any errors.

What version of Planner are you using?

> is there a bug in the database connection of planner?

I have worked with it so I hope it works in several environments. We
need to know why it is failing in yours.

> is there a config file to set host and port global for the tool?
> i used debian/sid package to install planner. do i need some compile
> options for the database connector?

No, they are compiled in the package.

Could you launch planner from a terminal and paste the messages that you
can read in it?

Cheers

-- Alvaro