[Planner] Re: Planner & MS Windows

Bruno (Mailing Lists) kirjoitti:
Hi,

I need to use Planner from MS Windows. It seems it is already possible with cygwin. Is there an "howto" about this or something else to install and configure it ?

Well there is unofficial, non-supported, version for Cygwin. There is no prebuilt binary for Cygwin. You need to install Cygwin, development tools, X11 server, Gnome-dev libs and planner sources, and a win32 patch for Planner if changes didn't made to CVS.

It's very slow (even on my Athlon 64 3000+ it's pretty slow to use), printing doesn't work and there is great possibility to have locked up gconf... Maybe it will be fullworking if gnomelibs are ported to Cygwin...

Another solution is to use coLinux (or BOCHS, or vmware) and real Linux version of Planner.

NOTE: Planner for Cygwin is pretty unstable and crippled since Gnome libraries aren't yet fully ported to Cygwin.

--

Jani Tiainen