Re: [Planner] Task Timing Question

Just my not very impressing thoughts, maybe someone else on the
list can advice you further:

1. Your modeling seems very fine, and sometimes a more abstract
   view has to be taken. You should not spend more time on the
   planning of tasks than on the real work.
2. If you have a resource that is overloaded like the one you
   created for yourself, then you should be able to find this
   conflict in the resource view.
3. I think, you actually would want to assign yourself to the
   different tasks but not 100 Units. When you have two tasks
   that will be done in parallel then you have to assign 50 Units
   of the resource to one task and 50 Units to the other. You can
   do that, when you assign the resource or when through the context
   menu -> edit task -> resource tab. You will find that a job needs
   more time if someone only works part time on it.

In general you came to the point where almost everybody comes, the
underlying model for Gantt charts does not allow for automatic
(re)assignment of resources.

Hope this helps,
Christoph.