Re: Moving tasks to be done to after today

On Sat, 2007-10-13 at 22:00 +0200, Maurice van der Pot wrote:
> What if planner would always put completed (parts of) tasks left of
> today and uncompleted (parts of) tasks right of today?
>
> Imo this would have the advantage that it is more clear when you are
> behind or ahead of schedule.
>
> The way I envision it, it would:
> - split tasks that have been partly completed
>
>   (upper case is completed, lower case is the part still to be done)
>
>         today
>   AAA     aaaa
>      BBBBB    bbbb
>
> - join multiple small completed parts of a task into 1, so suppose you
>   work on task 'a' for 2 days. Afterwards it would be:
>
>           today
>   AAAAA     aa
>        BBBBB  bbbb
>
>   instead of:
>
>           today
>   AAA     AAaa
>      BBBBB    bbbb
>
>   This is just to prevent cluttering the plan when you work on multiple
>   tasks in parallel.
>
> Thoughts?

Is this something you'd like to do in the default Gantt view, or create
a separate one?  From your description, it looks like you also have a
rescheduling component here - automatically pushing out tasks that are
behind schedule - right?

I think the default Ganntt view should be a 'traditional' one so folks
migrating from other tools see what they expect to see, and supply
additional views/options and what-if scenarios above and beyond that.

Having said that - I think there's obvious value in your idea as a
status view.

--
Kurt Maute <Kurt Maute us>