Sponsor some functionality

Title: Sponsor some functionality

Hi there,

I'm the IT manager for a not-for-profit organisation who would like to use WinPlanner as a project management tool.

My end-users are pushing for Microsoft Project and I would prefer to give them an open source solution instead (as part of our gradual migration to open source software).  We tried a web-based project management tool, but the end-users aren't very keen even though it has more functionality .. All the project management training organisations are pushing Microsoft Project, so people are expecting a GUI tool.

The staff have had a look at WinPlanner and are pretty happy except for the points noted below.  So I would like to investigate sponsoring some additional functionality added to WinPlanner as follows:

1) Ability to produce variance reports - to show changes to project plans (time & cost)
2) Ability to filter projects by resource - so specific people can view their own tasks
3) Ability to link projects via a milestone
4) Automatic email to resources when a part of their schedule has been changed

The above are roughly in the order of priority.

Would you consider the above enhancements?
What payment would assist in making this occur?
What sort of timeframe is required?

Cheers,
Allan.
PS: We have sponsored some open source development of a call recording manager for Asterisk (due to be released soon).

Allan Howard
IT Manager
Intouch - a Division of P.Q. Lifestyles Ltd
Level 11, 301 Coronation Drive, Milton , QLD 4064
Tel: 61-7-3858 6400   Fax: 61-7-3858 6411
Email:
Allan Howard intouchdirect com au
Visit us at www.intouchdirect.com.au to find out more about the supply of outsourced customer contact and fulfilment services that retain, grow and enhance your business.

This message and any attachments, may contain information that is confidential to Intouch. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message or attachments. In such a case, please notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of Intouch are neither given nor endorsed by it.