Re: [Planner Dev] Duration Calculation

On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 12:34 +1000, Ken Foskey wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 08:48 -0400, Kurt Maute wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't implement resource leveling this way.  What I would do is
> > give priority to the tasks along the critical path, so that if there is
> > a resource conflict, the resource would be given to the task that's on
> > the critical path, and the one that's not would show a delayed
> > completion date.
>
> I could see this going into a recursive loop fairly easily on a complex
> project with a task going in and out of the critical path depending upon
> when it is scheduled.

Yes, as we step thru the critical path we'll have to set a flag on the
tasks that were on the receiving end of the resource leveling so they're
marked as exempt from having the resource taken back.  This way if the
critical path shifts during the leveling exercise, we won't undo the
leveling that was already done.

It will obviously take some trial and error, as I'm sure there are other
situations that I haven't thought of.

--
Kurt Maute <kurt maute us>