[Planner Dev] Planner modifications: a proposal and some help needed

Dear sirs, i would like to implement the following modification in planner:

- let user configure the columns shown in the gantt and task view
- show more columns and maybe some icon
- show some calculated value in the columns

The working is like that: when the user start Planner gconf is searched for a
column configuration. If none is found, we have a program default.
When using Planner the user can change the layout of the columns.
If the user want to maintain a layout, he can save it in gconf.

the steps are:

- change the column creation routine accepting a list of column definition
- save and load column definition in gconf in a per user base
- implement a popup menu to recall a configure dialog in gantt & task view
- create a configure column dialog.
- add a menu to save the configuration as default in gconf

Now i changed the 12.1 codebase to permit the view columns creation from a data
structure and implemented some more visible column (note,constraint
type,resources assigned) very handy to see when working on large projects, but i
need help to plan the work in gtk2 and to implement (what codebase anyway ? 12.1 ?)
Can someone help me ?

For the future, for the calculated fields (i.e. let the user decide to show a
flag when the task completion is < 50% ) we can use a library that my company
has released as LGPL: eulib. (eulib.sourceforge.net). It contains a script
module called \'calc\'; it\'s small and fast. Maybe a binding with python would be
better, but if you want to write a quick formula in a field, there is no need to
introduce a big dependence in planner.
The site is in italian language, sorry. If you are impatient you can see at the
examples. Anyway this proposal is for the future and is not what i need now in
planner.

lb