Re: [Planner Dev] New pre-release, 0.12.92

On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 01:34 +0100, Richard Hult wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I decided to put out another pre-release since I've added some useful
> new stuff that would be good to get tested as well.

Here's what I've found so far from testing...

Initially I tried to compile from cvs, and got:

planner-task-dialog.c: In function `task_dialog_update_schedule_label':
planner-task-dialog.c:1482: warning: 'str' might be used uninitialized
in this function
make[2]: *** [planner-task-dialog.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/kurt/planner/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kurt/planner'
make: *** [all] Error 2

This packaged prerelease compiles just fine, though (I tried plain
vanilla - no gda or anything).

> News since 0.12.91 are:
>
> * Experimental MS Project XML import
xml import crashes with the following error:

** (planner:7567): CRITICAL **: file mrp-old-xml.c: line 1153
(old_xml_get_int): assertion `node != NULL' failed
planner: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/planner/plugins/libmsp-
plugin.so: undefined symbol: mrp_project_set_uri

> * Drag-n-drop opening of files

Works well.  Very nice!

> * Handling of units in task dialog for work/duration and lag (like in
> the task/gantt views)

Looks solid, but with one possible opportunity for improvement.
Conversion of weeks to days appears to be hardcoded to 5d per week.  I
think it should use the valid days from the calendar of the resource
assigned, or the default calendar if no resource is assigned yet.  If
not a possibility for this release, I'll capture it in a bugzilla so we
can queue it up for a future release.

--
Kurt Maute <kurt maute us>