Re: [Planner Dev] MySQL database access support

Hi,

I would strongly recommend against this kind of solution, it is a
nightmare to maintain. What I would do (and what the plan has been for a
while but nobody has implemented it) is to rewrite the current database
backend to not use any psql specific code.

> There was also a suggestion in the list that we should standardise all
> database access to SQL95 -- essentially using the "lowest common
> denominator" - but the postgresql code using cursors works so why change
> it?

The current code is kind of ugly and buggy so it needs to be cleaned up or
rewritten anyway. And by adding mysql suppport we only get psql and mysql.
By using a common subset we get potentially support for a lot of other
providers through libgda.

Regards,
Richard