Re: [Planner Dev] Some help to improve planner

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 11:43 +0100, Matteo Nastasi aka mop wrote:
> Hi guys, this is my first mail.
>
> My name is Matteo from Milan, Italy.

Hi Matteo, and welcome!

> I need a feature to planner and I'm adding it.
>
> The feature add the concept of "Vampire Task",
> my first definition of Vampire Task is a tash
>   ... with a fixed start date
>   ... with a priority > x
>   ... without another overlapped Vampire Task
>
> When a resource is assigned to a V. Tasks it's work is subtracted from
> it's regular activities so the regular tasks recalculate finish time
> to compensate the "vampirized" time.

Sounds like the beginnings of priority based resource leveling.
Excellent.

> Working on this feature I found that is simple to me add another feature
> (much visible to all users), the explain of the not standard
> WORK/NOT WORK days for each task.

Could you explain this a bit further?

> QUESTION:
>   I need to enlarge a little bit the height assigned to each task in the
>   gantt diagram, where I can hack your code to add some pixel to the
>   height of each task ?

Look for row_height in planner-gantt-view.c.  Its derived using
gtk_tree_view_column_cell_get_size.  I'm wondering why you need to add
to the height?

--
Kurt Maute <kurt maute us>