Re: [Planner Dev] Win32 Port, Part Deux

Alvaro del Castillo wrote:

Hi Jani!

I have installed Windows XP in my laptop. What do I need to test Planner
in Windows? What tools to compile? Do I need Visual C++ or can I use
some free (gpl, bsd ...) development environment in Windows?

Well easiest way is to use binaries, which will be available ASAP I can figure out those few quirks still around.

If you really want to compile it you need some proper environment, I used cygwin as build environment since it provides proper C-compiler (gcc) and support tools (perl, autotools etc.)

Short version: You need to compile all darn necessary libs without cygwin support, after that compile planner and wish all goes well.. =)

Long version: Don't even try it. There is not yet any proper bundle to do things, and no simple way. I had to download gimp-win32 libs (for GTK+), some libs from GnuWin32 project, build few linklibraries, fix up bloat of gnome-code (gnomeprint*), and after that I compiled my win32 "enabled" version of Planner.

--

Jani Tiainen

A: No
Q: Is it wise to toppost questions?