Re: [Planner Dev] libgda not found trying to build with db support * patch attached *

sön 2004-03-07 klockan 21.17 skrev lincoln phipps openmutual net:

> The planner-011cvs-lcjp-20040307-gdalibs_makefile.diff
> is just the Makefile.am change to fix the GDALIBS stuff
> to fix the bug on this email thread.

Hm, I thought we had already fixed that. Time to do it for real then :)

> The other file mentioned,
> planner-011cvs-lcjp-20040307-shortname_sql.diff
> has ALL changes mentioned below PLUS my task short_name differences
> in one large file and is in a separate email. It has the short_name
> feature plus the bugs found in testing.

I can't seem to find a mail with that attachment...

> 2) The code creates an odd entry in the .libgda/config
> called planner-auto yet also uses planner_project in the code
> as well as a unassigned dsn_name (in the mrp_sql_load_project).
> Or was this the actual intended behaviour !?

Alvaro did the GDA conversion, he should know :)

> My diff planner-011cvs-lcjp-20040307-shortname_sql.diff
> (separate email) has these changes. I can't split them out
> as I've done other work in the file and I thus may get lost chunks.

That's OK. Just let me know when you are ready for a patch review.

> 3) The code doesn't check is the provider actually exists before
> offering the option to Save/Load etc. Planner only uses a provider
> of PostgreSQL (why can't it also use MySQL given its not like we
> need much in the way of ACID and the data types in use are not
> very complicated.

Supporting mysql as a provider is certainly on the todo, just waiting
for someone to do it.

> 4) An incorrect CLOSE of ifcursor in planner-sql-plugin.c
> (should be CLOSE mycursor ). See the main patch (separate email)
> planner-011cvs-lcjp-20040307-shortname_sql.diff
> for fix to this.

Good catch!

> 5) Other bugs (haven't done bugzillas yet);
>
> - No database maintenance - you can't delete a project.
> - Saving a project back onto the database adds a new entry
> 	but no other identification as to which is which.

This sounds like a regression from the gda conversion...

> - The database load orders resource names differently
> 	from a file-open (at least on my machine).

> - Opening up a project from a file and then changing a resource
> 	unit for an assignment updates gantt correctly
> 	but opening up a project from a database and then
> 	changing a resource unit value for an assignment
> 	doesn't update the gantt [?] value. It does once you
> 	change the assignment. My guess is a signal not being
> 	attached for notify::assignment in the parts that
> 	build up the project from a database.
> - changing an assignment unit value doesn't actually mark
> 	a project as changed when you do a File Close.

The two last sound like the same bug.

So, about the patches, do you still want me to hold committing them
until you have the complete set done, or should I go ahead and commit
the makefile fix, for example?

Thanks for you awesome work!
Richard

--
Richard Hult                    richard imendio com
Imendio                         http://www.imendio.com