Re: [Planner Dev] Undo report status

Hi!

El sáb, 12-06-2004 a las 17:03, Richard Hult escribió:
> On lör, 2004-06-12 at 09:30 +0000, Alvaro del Castillo wrote:
> > Hi guys!
> >
> > Here goes the undo report status.
>
> Great, thanks!
>
> > 1. Gantt chart view:
> >
> > 1.1 Menus
> >
> > File and Edit doesn't need undo.

> > 	1.1.1 Zoom in 		KO
> > 	1.1.2 Zoom out		KO
> > 	1.1.3 Zoom to fit	KO
> > 	1.1.4 Highlight. crit. 	KO
>
> We shouldn't have undo for commands that only change to view, only if
> they change data. (Not sure if you meant that we need to implement undo
> for these.)

When I think about undoing this kind of actions, Zoom in ..., I can
imagine situations in which the user could find useful this undo, but
yes, it is not the kind of things a user will expect from undo.

Doing the "Insert Tasks" and "Insert Resources" I have the question if
we need to have undo support in the fields of these dialogs or only,
support for undo the addition of the new resource/task. Following the
same idea, the user haven't changed any data, she is entering it so
maybe supporting undoing of the addition is what we need. This is what I
am coding right now.

> Thanks a lot for the summary, and all the patches of course ;)

I have to give thanks to Lincoln for his help in the undo system. His
work is working very well.

:)

Cheers

-- Alvaro