Re: [Planner Dev] Planner<->Evolution

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 13:09 +0200, Alvaro del Castillo wrote:
> Hi guys!

Hi Alvaro

> 1. I am thinking that the first step to integrate Planner and Evolution
> could be to make planner data visible using e-d-s, i.e., implementing
> backend of  ECalBackend and EBookBackend for planner, so for example,
> evolution can have another source for tasks and addressbook using the
> data in planner, read and write to it.

My main concern with this approch as opposed to opengroupware is to get
a clear idea of how the data will be sent to the team members.
I do think it'll work pretty easily for the same user on a single
computer but things will get harder with multiples users (resources).
I mean, it's a thing to have its own calendar and task list for the
project manager, but the best thing would be for the other team members
to get their task lists.
Do you have an idea of how to achieve this ?

Regards,
Xavier.

--
"Complexity has nothing to do with intelligence.
 Simplicity does."