Re: [Planner Dev] Post 0.12 thoughts

Hi!

El vie, 09-07-2004 a las 00:37, Richard Hult escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> Now that we have a nice 0.12 version out, I though I'd share some of my
> thoughts for the near future.
>
> I've created a planner-0-12 branch, which is mostly for crash fixes,
> other critical fixes and translation updates.
>
> Real development (feature additions etc) will continue on HEAD.
>
> I'd like to keep 0.13 pretty tight, so we should focus on the bug list
> that already exists for 0.13:
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?J160612C8

I hope we can release 0.13 before 6 months, so we will shorten our
actual release cycle :)

> Which basically is:
>
> 1. Finish up and commit pending patches
>
> 2. Fix the scheduler
>
> 3. Clean up undo code a bit

I will work in this a little, but finally in 0.12 we have included some
work so it shouldn't be very hard.

> 4. Polish the resource usage view
>
> 5. Database backend (since I know Alvaro wants to play with this ;)

Yes, I am playing currently in it so I hope we can advance a little in
the database world and have the create database and tables code in
planner, so the user only needs to have a good user in the database
server ;-)

> I'd also like to add this:
>
> 6. Hunt for memory leaks and memory bugs

I will try to help on this also.

> So we can make sure that all the new code isn't leaking and causing
> other problems.
>
> I'm sure we can squeeze in other fixes as well, but I'd prefer to keep
> down the new feature count a bit for the next release and make sure we
> have a rock solid application :)
>
> Any comments?

Do you have some timeframe in mind? I know, it depends on resources we
have, but it is good to have some idea so when people ask for it, we can
say "probably in 2 months". And if we hack 2 months and won't get all th
bugs we want solved, maybe we can move the bug to a later release.

Cheers

-- Alvaro