Re: [Planner Dev] Planner and autoconf?

> Thank you for trying Richard and Alvaro. I'm now convinced the problem
> must be on my end and not the planner source tree.

I also use sid and I experienced a lot of troubles with the fact the
debian can have a lot of packages like autotools and co installed for
which it is hard to point who's package is guilty. Sometime it comes
from the fact that too much of them are installed (I remember some time
ago, automake 1.4 was the default one and some gnome packages failed to
find 1.6 although it was installed, removing 1.4 fixed the trouble as
there were no more automake executable by default but automake-1.6 ...).

> I've installed lots of development stuff with no success. Perhaps my
> system is just broken. I have been installing some Gnome related
> packages out of experimental; couldn't wait till 2.6. ;) Seeing that it
> is now in unstable; I'm going to reinstall my system and see if it
> helps. This isn't the first time I've had trouble building some
> software.

If you want I can also send you my package list. Planner compiles fine
here.

> Perhaps someone could answer me this. Is the problem related to
> autoconf? Do some development packages provide extra macros which
> autoconf picks up? I'm still learning the autotools.

To some point, one is always learning automake and co :)
automake and aclocal are somtime hard to configure and keep running.

--
Xavier Ordoquy <xordoquy wanadoo fr>