Re: [Planner Dev] Migration of SQL backend to libgda now beta!!

tor 2004-01-15 klockan 21.16 skrev Alvaro del Castillo:

First, I wanna say a big thanks! You rock, Alvaro! :)

> Now that we are in libgda, I have just commited the patch, I would like
> to think a little at show end user details:
>
> - Create the database schemas for the user if she didn't do it.

Yeah, that would increase the usability of the db backend a lot.

> - Warn the user if the database encoding isn't UNICODE.
>
> - In the loading phase, we can't show the error dialog if there are
> probs. I think it is because that dialog is associated wit the new
> window project, and if the load fails, we have no window and can't show
> the error dialog. But I have to look at it.
>
> - Redesing the queries in order we can use the libgda 1.2 features. For
> example, we can forget the cursor queries because libgda 1.2 will handle
> that magically. Also, cleaning the queries using cursor we can start
> thinking in the MySQL backend.

That's nice! Do you know when it is planned to be released?

Richard Hult                    richard imendio com
Imendio                         http://www.imendio.com