Re: [Planner Dev] MS Project 'red flag'

> At 07:13 PM 2/16/2004, you wrote:
>>ons 2004-02-11 klockan 20.32 skrev Mark Durrenberger:
> "Keep duration constant" (is that better than "fixed duration"?)
> (default) "Keep effort constant"
> "keep allocation % constant" (please don't use "units")

I personally like 'fixed duration', but that's just my preference.
I like your thinking on this subject.  It occurs to me, though, that if you
choose only one of the 3 options to remain constant, the machine won't be
able to decide which of the other two to float, or if both, by how much.
You'd have to choose 2 and allow the 3rd to float.  So maybe the converse
will be easier ... offering radio buttons on each of the 3, and allow the
user to choose which one floats rather than the 2 that don't.  ??

> I've been thinking a lot about my own linux/ Gnu/ C learning curve and
> am  trying to figure out what in my life I can/want to ignore so I'll
> have time  to learn... doesn't look good. I feel a bit guilty "throwing
> out" ideas and  not helping with the heavy lifting...
>
> Can you tell me about dual booting - could I set my laptop (Dell) with
> a  40GB drive up to run both win2k and Linux (how much space would I
> need to  give to linux) - which version of linux (red had, FreeBSD...)
> do you recommend?

I personally like Red Hat.  I think that's what Richard and Mikael are
using also.

I'd allocate 10Gb for Linux, although you could get away with less ...
depends on what you want to use more - the good stuff or the other stuff. ;)
Red Hat's 'Everything' installation option will put about 5GB of stuff on
your disk right off the bat, although a regular workstation type install
will take up 2 or 2.5 GB.

If you want to keep an existing windows installation, I'd suggest using
Partition Magic (or there may be some freeware tool out there now, but its
been a long time since I've had the need, so I can't name one).

Otherwise, you'll want to install for dual boot in 3 steps:
1) Partition your disk
2) Install Windows
3) Install Linux

Red Hat has a good installation guide:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/install-
guide/index.html
There's also a more generic how-to on the Linux Documentation Project site:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Installation-HOWTO/index.html

Good Luck!