Re: [Planner Dev] Windows Port - Part 2

lincoln phipps openmutual net wrote:

Jani tiainen wrote:

Well, since most of us found that current setup for Planner running with Cygwin and Cygnome isn't really feasible, and out of reach for ordinary user I researched possibility to make Planner run natively under Windows.

It seems that it's possible to compile Gnome 2.6 packages needed by Planner under MinGW and after that - Planner itself. Only thing that really needs rework is GConf interface.

That sounds really promising given that the gconf has a near equivelent
non-GNOME with the Windows registry.... but though Planner is hosted by
GNOME it shouldn't be under the "Imendio" i.e.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Imendio\Planner but IMHO (nothing against
Imendio here just thinking of all GNOME apps), it should be
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNOME\Planner\....

Can we get GNOME to "approve" the entry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNOME
which cross-platform applications like Planner which need to have
whats curently in gconf inside Windows registry ?

...or this is already done anyway and I haven't noticed !

AFAIK this is not done. I popped out some references to Win32 version of GNOME-VFS (that has also depedencies to GConf) but couldn't find anything more. Site that most documents referred doesn't respond.

--

Jani Tiainen