Re: [Planner Dev] Planner database version

Hi!

El dom, 01-08-2004 a las 00:44, lincoln phipps openmutual net escribió:
> Alvaro del Castillo wrote:
>
> > Hi guys!
> >
> > After reading the Lincoln and Jani emails, and coding and testing 2
> > hours, here goes a new patch with the database version for all planner
> > projects in a separate table. With this approach, we can grow the table
> > to meet Liconln hosting needs and also, Jani ideas.
> >

> OK - I see how you've done that and I'm happy. Once things settle
> down then I can easily hack your code and add new features to it.
>
> Also there are a minor spelling mistake in "propecty",

Ups, corrected!

> > RCS file: /cvs/gnome/planner/libplanner/mrp-sql.c,v
>
> > +		g_warning ("DECLARE CURSOR command failed (propecty_type) %s.",
>

> Also with,
> gchar             *init_database = "template1";
>
> why change this name and why not keep what the user provided
> when they tried to access the database ? ...or if this is
> the first use then why not use the same name as provided by the
> user (where they get asked for host, databasename, username, password).
> I don't understand why the init_database is hard coded as template1.

In postgres you always need a database to open a connection to the
database. If the database the user has said doesn't exist, we need to
connect to this first database.

It is ugly but I don't know other way to do it :(

> The dialog....,
> > +		dialog = gtk_message_dialog_new (window,
> > +						 GTK_DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT,
> > +						 GTK_MESSAGE_QUESTION,
> > +						 GTK_BUTTONS_NONE,
> > +						 _("Database %s need to be upgraded "
> > +						   "from version %s to version %s."),
> > +						 database_name, database_version,
> > +						 max_version_upgrade);
>
> should have "needs" not "need" as there is just one database (weird
> English language !).

Corrected!

Yeah! My english isn't very good so correct any sentence you can find
that sounds strange.

I have corrected the typos. If richard gives the OK, I will commit and
give you green light to continue with database hacking :)

Cheers