[Planner Dev] XML File Format Problems

Hi All,

I came across a couple of things that looked like errors in how the XML
file is laid out but I wanted to run it by the group before I file bugs,
in-case I have missed something.

1. The XML file has 2 <properties> elements that both have the same
<property> child elements. The first group of <property> elements has
all the property attributes except the value. The second group of
<property> elements contain the name and value attributes.

Shouldn't there just be 1 group of <property> child elements which
contain all the attributes, including the value?

2. The <resource> elements have an attribute named std-rate that holds
what the GUI calls "Cost". Then each <resource> element has a child
element has the name attribute of "cost" and value attribute of "".

elements be removed because they appear to be useless? Also, shouldn't
the std-rate attribute be renamed to cost to match the GUI?

3. There is a separate <allocations> element with <allocation> child
elements that map the assigned resources to their tasks. Shouldn't the
<allocation> element be a child of the <task> instead? If so, the
task-id attribute of the <allocation> element should be removed.

Should I file these 3 items as new bugs? Unless I am missing something,
I think these items need to be fixed to make the file format conform
better to the nature of XML and OOP.

- Chris

--
Chris Ladd