Re: Results on Claasen's -nocairo patches

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 14:31 -0500, Matt Hoosier wrote:

> Okay, done. After some refactoring a little bit (e.g., remove the idle
> function which was driving the redrawing -- gtkwidgetprofiler's
> harness already calls triggers expose events anyway ), I get the
> following:
>
> before patches:
>   0.0170269 sec average over 200 expose handler invocations
>
> after patches:
>   0.0134765 sec average over 200 expose handler invocations
>
> This is roughly the same ratio as when the drawing was done (before)
> asynchronously.

Interesting.  Well, it's good to know that you are not getting noise
from that missing data point.  Do the relative timings change a lot if
you use a bigger/smaller button?

Have you timed other widgets?  One thing I want to be able to do with
GtkWidgetProfiler is to benchmark a whole window full of typical stuff:
menu bar, toolbar, content area, scrollbars, status bar, etc.  If
buttons are 100x faster than a tree view, then we should not waste time
profiling buttons ;)

  Federico