Re: GObject memory statistics

On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 09:32 -0400, Morten Welinder wrote:
> > 190 GParamBoolean, 8360 bytes
> ? GParamString ???? bytes
>
> Allocating those dynamically feels wasteful.  It's not
> as-if they'll change.

	Presumably the translated _nick and _blurb consume a chunk of memory
and I/O doing i18n, and have to be dupped; I guess they're only used by
GUI designer (type) things too. Using a callback / table to map name ->
pair of i18n strings - that could be done as-needed would be leaner -
but perhaps there is a solution in-place already for that.

	HTH,

		Michael.

--
 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot