Re: request for numbers and graphs for Release Notes

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006, Travis Reitter wrote:

> It's interesting to note that while the average (and even the worst
> case) for the newest gnome-terminal and vte were a bit lower, there was
> quite a range even on an otherwise-unloaded system. Lowest was 11.08
> seconds to output the (cached) file, highest was 17.82 seconds. I'm not
> sure why the results were so inconsistent, but it's certainly better
> overall.

That's a bit hard to avoid.  The reason is of course the race
between rendering and scrolling, and based on exactly how these
two interact, you may get fewer or more updates...  I'm working
on "fixing" this, but it's not like it's a killer issue.

--behdad
http://behdad.org/

	-- Dan Bern, "New American Language"