Re: request for numbers and graphs for Release Notes

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 11:11 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> Due to the number of fine speedups in GNOME 2.14, it would be really
> nice to put some attractive graphs in the release notes about things
> that are faster.
>
> Did somebody want to get my some hard numbers (and perhaps even some
> graphs) that would be suitable for the release notes. Things that I was
> thinking of include:
>  - Pango rendering;
>  - vte; and
>  - g_new vs GMemChunk vs GSlice (for the developer section)

I got some numbers for GSlice from the GSlice bug report. AndyFitz
helped by creating some SVG and from that I created this graph:
 - http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/images/gmemchunk.png
 - http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/images/gmemchunk.svg

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA