Re: Attempt to measure performance of popping up menus

Hi Milen,

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 16:15 +0000, Milen Dzhumerov wrote:
> Hi all,
> I tried to measure the time spent in popping up menus in Gedit and doing
> the same in Kate. The results are here -
> Any
> comments are welcome.

Apart from the theme issue correctly pointed out by Frederic, there's
the contents of the menus: the File menu in Gedit is dynamically built
with the list of recently opened documents, while in Kate the same list
is hidden inside a sub-menu.  The code that manages the recent documents
list is known to suck, performance-wise, and that is why is going to be
deprecated in the next release cycle.

Emmanuele Bassi - <ebassi gmail com>