Re: Memory statistics

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 16:53 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> > 	Honestly - the more I look at the picture, the more I think using a
> > 'kdeinit' type approach might be rather better - at least for the core
> > apps: nautilus, panel etc.
>
> We were thinking about trying that out on panel applets first.
> That should interesting: really easy to do and should save like
> ~10MB straight away.

[CCing Stanislav, since he has been looking at in-proc applets]

In Suse we use in-proc applets.  There are some issues with i18n.
Stanislav can provide the details, since he was fixing this; I think the
problem was that applets used plain gettext() through the usual _()
macro, instead of dgettext(), and so ended up using the panel's own
translation domain, instead of their own individual domains.

Other than that, the applets work fine when loaded in the panel process.
It's hard to measure since we don't have numbers pre- and post-inproc :)

  Federico