Re: Memory statistics
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad cs toronto edu>
- To: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- Cc: performance-list gnome org, Benoît Dejean <benoit placenet org>
- Subject: Re: Memory statistics
- Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 01:34:29 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> - The private_dirty for libraries is under 14 MB on my box. This is
> much smaller than the heaps for fat apps (i.e. hundreds of MB for
> Evolution/Mozilla). So, reducing .data and friends is probably
> interesting only for embedded devices.
My beacon is the OLPC. 14 MB out of 128 MB total memory is
worth optimizing. So yes, if you call OLPC an embedded device,
that's true :).
] [Thread Prev