Re: Gnome-terminal (vte) drawing

2005/11/21, Morten Welinder <mwelinder gmail com>:
> > My goal would be about 200 full refreshes per second (which should be
> > well above human ability to notice visual change).
>
> Not to mention your screen's ability to show changes.
>
> A TV does 24 or 25 updates per second.  A computer CRT
> does ~70 if memory serves.  I don't know about LCDs.

Quick calculation gives a 12ms LCD (most common these days AFAIK,
lower response times exist, but are not as common) a little over 80
(possible) refreshes.

Don't know if the X caps them in any way.

For LCD:s the effect is more blurring than flicker though (as the ms
is the time individual pixels take to change state (lit or not)),
given that the content really changes.

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi