Re: Compilation fails

Maxim Udushlivy wrote:

Greetings,
I am trying to compile orbitcpp, cvs version. (gcc-4.1, Gnome 2.14)
"make" command fails with these messages:

test-cpp-common.cc: In constructor ‘Test::E::E(const CORBA::Any&, const CORBA::Any (&)[10])’: test-cpp-common.cc:297: error: invalid conversion from ‘const CORBA::Any*’ to ‘Test::AnyArray_slice*’ test-cpp-common.cc:297: error: initializing argument 2 of ‘void Test::AnyArray_copy(Test::AnyArray_slice*, Test::AnyArray_slice*)’

Should I submit a bug to bugzilla?

Array handling is broken in CVS. I am aware of it but I haven't got time to fix it. It should be relatively easy actually. It would just take a few hours spent understanding how CORBA IDL array definitions map into C and C++ and then connect the dots between the C mapping to define the C++. If you feel like submitting a patch, feel free to create a bug and attach the patches there.

If you just want to ignore the problem, you can do make -k to ignore the errors and then make install should work.

--
Bowie Owens

CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
phone  : +61 3 9545 8055
fax    : +61 3 9545 8080
mobile : 0425 729 875
email  : Bowie Owens csiro au