Re: Problem with Compiling

newsletter dc4all biz wrote:

Hello,

i'm totally new to the orbit - and CORBA subject. But in the last days i read some articles and also books with small examples.
Now i wanted to write an other example according to a book.
I create the project files and used the orbit-idl-2 compiler to create the stubs and skeletons.

The Problem now is: when i will compile my cpp - file the is an failure with the orbitcpp.h
The created common.h includes "#include <orbitcpp/orb-cpp/orbitcpp.h>" But here the compiler says orbitcpp.h: No such File or directory.
I've installed orbitcpp twice (once: /opt/gnome/include/orbitcpp - and the other /usr/include/orbitcpp). The file still exists.

I don't know really why he can't find this file - like i said i'm new to this subject ;) :(
Btw: he also includes the project-filename.h which wasn't generated by the idl-compiler. I commented it out up to now - because it didn't make sense.
project-filename.h is generated by running the idl compiler to output the C bindings. You will need these as well as the files output in -lcpp since the C++ bindings use the C bindings.

Hope anyone cann give me a tip to resolve this "i think" "small" problem.
The easiest way to get the compiler flags right to find everything is to use pkg-config:

CPPFLAGS+=`pkg-config ORBit-2.0-cpp --cflags`
LOADLIBES+=`pkg-config ORBit-2.0-cpp --libs`

You'll need to set your PKG_CONFIG_PATH to ensure you find the ORBit-2.0-cpp package (ORBit-2.0-cpp.pc).

--
Bowie Owens

CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
phone  : +61 3 9545 8055
fax    : +61 3 9545 8080
mobile : 0425 729 875
email  : Bowie Owens csiro au