-----Original Message-----
From: orbitcpp-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:orbitcpp-list-bounces gnome org]On Behalf Of Bowie Owens
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 4:14 PM
To: Bo Li
Cc: orbitcpp-list
Subject: Re: [orbit] C++ Mapping

Bo Li wrote:

>Bowie,
>
>The code base is kind of big and it relies on a few other
>libraries to be able to build. I don't think I can send
>you the whole code base. I will send you the implementation
>of an interface in the code, and the template ServantLocator
>class it's using. Hope this would be some help to you.

Actually those fragments were a big help. I've made some further
revisions to orbitcpp and I can get your Locator template to compile
(with a little bit of hackery to fill in the blanks).

>Thanks for the great work,

No problem. Would you be able to checkout a copy of orbitcpp from cvs
and try it out with your project? The ChangeLog should include the entry:

2004-05-21 Bowie Owens <bowie owens csiro au>
        * orbitcpp/orb-cpp/orbitcpp_poa.cc
        * orbitcpp/orb-cpp/orbitcpp_poa.h
        * orbitcpp/orb-cpp/orbitcpp_smartptr.h
        * orbitcpp/orb-cpp/poa-cpp-skels.cc
        * orbitcpp/orb-cpp/poa-cpp-skels.h:
        Revised to compile code submitted by Bo Li. Added
        ObjectId_to_string(), ObjectId_to_wstring(), string_to_ObjectId(),
        wstring_to_ObjectId(). Use CORBA::Object to simulate
        PortableServer::ServantManager.

--
Bowie Owens

CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
phone  : +61 3 9545 8055
fax    : +61 3 9545 8080
mobile : 0425 729 875
email  : Bowie Owens csiro au