Re: WARNING **: idl-compiler backend not found.

Larry S.Gustafson wrote:

Thank you for letting me know that the IDL compiler could not find a shared library. For a quick fix, I solved the problem by setting the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib. A better fix might be to use ldconfig to compile the new shared libraries into the /etc/ld.so.cashe file.
I'd be wary of touching the ld.so.cache. Besides, I suspect the problem is with the way that the backend and stow interact. Having done a quick scan of the stow documentation my guess is since ORBit was configured with --prefix=usr/local/stow/ORBit2-2.9.6 that it is searching for the backend underneath that directory. Whereas orbitcpp was configured with --prefix=/usr/local/stow/orbitcpp-1.3.8 so it put the backend library under that directory tree. Even though everything get symlinked under /usr/local/ the idl compiler doesn't bother looking there.

--
Bowie Owens

CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
phone  : +61 3 9545 8055
fax    : +61 3 9545 8080
mobile : 0425 729 875
email  : Bowie Owens csiro au