Re: Trouble writing a Factory

Bowie Owens wrote:

I've just added a test client and server that implements a really basic factory. It can be found under test/cpp/factory. It should be enough to get you started. You will have to check out the CVS version of orbitcpp to get at the example. Instructions on how to get the CVS version on the orbitcpp webpage.

http://orbitcpp.sourceforge.net/

The anonymous servers sometimes take time to sync. You'll need the version with a ChangeLog entry that reads as follows.

2004-12-08 Bowie Owens <bowie owens csiro au>
       * configure.in
       * test/cpp/Makfile.am
       * test/cpp/factory/Makefile.am
       * test/cpp/factory/client.cc
       * test/cpp/factory/factory-impl.cc
       * test/cpp/factory/factory-impl.h
       * test/cpp/factory/server.cc
       * test/cpp/factory/generated/Makefile.am:
       Quickly hacked together example of factory.

Please let me know if anything fails to work.

Been a busy couple of days so I'm only just getting to try it now. Looks like the IDL file hasn't been checked in. I'll knock one up to test with, but if you can check yours in, that would be great,

Cheers,

Nick