Re: NameService

absmeier fmi uni-passau de wrote:

Hi,

I'm quite new with CORBA and corbacpp. I downloaded your source code and found
the orb and poa stuff in the header files. I think I can use it like "advanced
CORBA programming with C++".  But I found nothing about the NameService yet.
Must I use the C stuff CosNaming instead? Or did I miss something?
I have just revised orbitcpp to generate the stubs for the CosNaming.idl and install them. There is a new pkg-config entry, ORBit-CosNaming-2.0-cpp, to help work with the C++ name service bindings. Would you be able to checkout a copy of orbitcpp from CVS (see http://orbitcpp.sourceforge.net/ for instructions) and try using the CosNaming stuff from that? It would be most appreciated if you could help test this out for me.

--
Bowie Owens

CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
phone  : +61 3 9545 8055
fax    : +61 3 9545 8080
mobile : 0425 729 875
email  : Bowie Owens csiro au