Re: CosNaming.hh question

Hi Joakim,

Honestly, this is not something that I have tried.You can find CosNaming.idl in your ORBit installation, for me it is in /usr/share/idl/orbit-2.0/CosNaming.idl. You can run this file through orbit-idl-2 -lcpp like any other IDL file and this will generate the stubs for you. You will have to generate/compile/link these files into your program since orbitcpp doesn't provide a library for this.

You might want to take a look at bonobo, bonobo-activation-server, and the object activation framework. As I understand they aim to make object location and activation easier. Again, I haven't tried this so it is just a suggestion.

Joakim Verona wrote:

Hello list,

We're trying to make a very simple "hello world" type of example using ORBit2 and orbitcpp.

We want to access our remote object using the naming interface, but are having troubles finding the correct c++ stubs for
the naming interface.

How do we find/generate/get omg/CosNaming.hh with orbitcpp and ORBIt? Or is the namespace COSNAMING:: defined elsewhere?

Were using redhat 9, ORBIt2 2.6.2, and orbitcpp-1.3.7.

Cheers
/Joakim and Frasse