Re: Does ORBit2 Support Inserting a Sequence of Octets in an Any Type?

lgust verizon net wrote:

In the book “Advanced CORBA Programming with C++” the authors indicate on page 681 that it is possible to insert and extract sequences from type Any. They give the following example in the textbook:

CORBA::Any a;

BtData btd;		// Structure variable
a <<= btd;

To test inserting a sequence of octets in type Any, I created the following IDL file:
It doesn’t appear that the file orbitcpp_any.h contains an overloaded <<= operator that works with sequences.

Does ORBit2 support storing sequences in type Any? Is my code wrong and there is another way to do this?

Orbitcpp support for any is a bit hit and miss. I have just commited a patch to CVS that allows it to pass sequences of primitive types through any. Please update to the latest version in CVS and try your code with that. Please let me know if it doesn't work.

--
Bowie Owens

CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
phone  : +61 3 9545 8055
fax    : +61 3 9545 8080
mobile : 0425 729 875
email  : Bowie Owens csiro au