Can't Generate C++ Files with ORBit2 C++ Bindings

I installed ORBit2 and the C++ bindings on a Linux machine. The
installation process required me to run the commands "./configure", "make"
and while logged on as root the "make install" command on the packages:

pkgconfig-0.15.0.tar.gz
glib-2.2.1.tar.gz
gettext-0.11.5.tar.gz
libIDL-0.8.1.tar.gz
popt-1.6.3.tar.gz
linc-1.1.1.tar.gz
ORBit2-2.7.1.tar.gz (note: To install ORBit2 I have to define the following
environment variables:
      export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib/"
      export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/bin/")
orbit-doc.tar.gz
orbitcpp-1.3.6.tar.gz

The installation appeared to be successful. However, when I tried to
compile the my IDL file with the C++ option, I got C++ files with only a
comment in them and no code.

I compiled the NavObj.idl file which was generated from a model in Rational
Rose2003 with the following interface:

//Source file: C:/Docs/Netfires/NavTest2/NavObj.idl

#ifndef __NAVOBJ_DEFINED
#define __NAVOBJ_DEFINED

/* CmIdentification
  %X% %Q% %Z% %W% */

module Navigation {

      /* This structure defines the data fields of the Navigation message.
*/

      struct NavDataType {
            string messageSignature;
            long messageVersionNumber;
            float gpsTime;
            float latitude;
            float longitude;
            float altitude;
            float heading;
            float pitch;
            float roll;
            float speed;
      };

      /* This class defines the interface for the uRouter to Link/MAC
Navigation message. */

      interface NavObj {
            /*
            @roseuid 3F158A5A00D1 */
            boolean pushNav (
                  in Navigation::NavDataType navData
                  );

      };

};

#endif

I first compiled the C files with the command: orbit-idl-2 NavObj.idl. The
C files are good.

I then tried to compile the C++ files with the command: orbit-idl-2 -l cpp
NavObj.idl, which resulted in the following error:

cptsim cptsim1:~/netfires/test-cpp$ orbit-idl-2 -l cpp NavObj.idl
orbit-idl-2 2.7.1 compiling
  mode, show preprocessor errors, passes: stubs skels common headers
skel_impl i
module

not yet implemented: idln_ident

This command generted C++ files that contained the following header comment
and nothing else:

// generated by orbitcpp, do not edit

Is my installation of the C++ bindings incorrect or are the commands I'm
using for the C and C++ files wrong?

Thanks,
Larry