Re: error building orbitcpp

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, ERDI Gergo wrote:

> Can you try compiling orbitcpp_poa.cc with all the 'using Super::maximum;
> using Super::length;' lines removed from orbitcpp_*_seq.h and tell me if
> it solves the problem?

Actually, that's not really a fix -- but please try the following:
do the above modification, then do a 'make install' in
orbitcpp/orbitcpp/orb-cpp and orbitcpp/orbitcpp/idl-compiler. Then enter
orbitcpp/test/cpp/sequences/atomic_types and see if 'make' succeeds.
Please send a detailed report in any case, including your C++ compiler.

I suspect the correct fix will be to conditionally do the 'using'
statement depending on the C++ compiler used.

Of course, a much saner solution would be if the damn CORBA/C++ spec
didn't require both getters and setters to be of the same name.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001