Re: orbitcpp 1.3.8 generated code and gcc 2.95 issue

Bowie Owens wrote:

Alexander Nedotsukov wrote:

Hi,

In attempt to build new libbonobomm stuff I faced this problem. Gcc 2.95. don't understands contructions like this (it complains about syntax error):
template<>
inline ::Bonobo::Canvas::affine_slice * ::Bonobo::Canvas::affineProps::alloc ()
{
   return ::Bonobo::Canvas::affine_alloc ();
}

Since we already in ::Bonobo::Canvas namespace scope there this can be rewriten as:
template<>
   inline ::Bonobo::Canvas::affine_slice * affineProps::alloc ()
{
   return ::Bonobo::Canvas::affine_alloc ();
}

Wich satisfy crafty tool.

I've taken another look at this and I think there is a better way to fix this using function pointers instead of partial template specialization. I have checked in to CVS a patch which eliminates the generation of the above code. I need you to check that the code that now gets generated compiles with GCC 2.95.

Bowie,

Sorry. I have no access to machine w/ gcc 2.95.x installed at the moment. I'll notify you later when be able to try. Thanks for looking into it.

All the best,
Alexander.