Re: Segfault in _this()

Johan Cronje wrote:

I have checked, both were compiled with CXXFLAGS=-g.

Now: I have a complete backtrace, almost 400 lines, that I got when I ran ddd
in step mode. But I first want to check with you if it will be OK to send it
to you. What I want to know is, you say that you want dereferenced pointer
values. How do you get those with ddd / gdb? All I get is this=0x some number
or similar for variables. Some variables do have something like:

400 lines is too much. In gdb just run the program (not step) and when it seg. faults do a backtrace (bt). You can print the value of a variable with print varname. You can also print the value of an expression with print, so to print a dereferenced pointer do print *ptrname. To move up or down the stack frame use the commands up and down. Please post text rather than images.

Also, at some stage I get
BFD: BFD 2.13.90 20020903 assertion fail libbfd.c:1132

but my libbfd.c file is ~900 lines only, and contains no assert function. (I
checked the source rpm, don't have a "binutils-dev" or similar package).
This is repeated for some hundreds of lines before the stepping continues.

I haven't seen this before.

--
Bowie Owens

CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
phone  : +61 3 9545 8055
fax    : +61 3 9545 8080
mobile : 0425 729 875
email  : Bowie Owens csiro au