Re: some proposed changes

I've committed my 0.4.4 patches to CVS, together with the marshalling
with warning changes I proposed then modified based on Owen's feedback.

Next step is a 0.4.4 release - Owen - how do I announce this out to CPAN
and Gnome?

	-Huw

PS I put this in the CVS logs and in the ChangeLog:

        * require ORBit 0.5.13 in Makefile.PL

        * up version to 0.4.4 (prepare for 0.4.4 release)

        * idl_path fix (fix originally from Owen?)

        * support declaration of global enums in IDL

        * null / void Any support

        * various spelling/typo corrections in error messages

        * _narrow() patch (from Alex)

        * _is_a() fix

        * create_reference_object_with_id() renamed to
          create_reference_with_id () (suggestion from mail list)

        * CORBA::MICO reference in ORBit.xs fixed to CORBA::ORBit

        * marshalling / demarshalling of complex mixed sequences of in, inout
          and out parameters fixed to comply with Owen's Perl mapping spec

        * references to mico renamed to orbit in error messages

        * XSRETURN() appropriately from stubs according to GIMME_V (wantarray),
          for correct behaviour in array, scalar and void contexts

        * non-portable C constructs fixed (tested on Solaris / WorkShop CC)

        * typecode memory management bug fix

        * check arguments to _repoid()

        * reduced fragility of put_objref()

        * if a structure field is not defined in the Perl hash, then it is
          marshalled as if undef; warning printed if -w

        * if a sequence is an undef, it is marshalled as a zero length
          sequence; warning printed if -w

        * if an any is an undef, it is marshalled as a null Any;
          warning printed if -w

	-Huw
--
Huw Rogers <rogers building2 co jp>