Considering ORBit2 for inclusion in LSB

I'm researching ORBit2 for inclusion into the Linux Standard Base (LSB).
LSB developing a set of standards primarily for ISVs, so a software
application can run on any compliant system. ORBit2 is on the list of
libraries that are requested by ISVs, and appears to be used by a lot of
packages we checked during a quick scan we made internally.

I'm going back through the ChangeLog, and I'm trying to find the answer
to several questions that will help decide how to prioritize libraries
to be included.

Would you consider ORBit2 to be best known practice? (Did I miss ORBit3
or some other successor to the library I'm currently researching, or is
there something else?)

How long is binary compatibility maintained? It looks like the API
hasn't changed (aside from adding new interfaces) for a while, but it's
taking me a while to go through all the comments in the ChangeLog.

Is there a test suite that exercises the API or functionality (both
would be best)?

Is there a list of programs I could use to demonstrate ORBit2
functionality? Or maybe a list that shows what depends on ORBit2?

Thanks for any help, and please pardon my lack of familiarity with
ORBit2.
Todd