Re: Finding an initial name-servive using multicasting

El viernes 01 de abril de 2005 a las 14:07:36 Magnus Bergman escribió:

> [...]
>
> Without knowing too much about it just sounds like an improvement to cut
> some hexadecimal string of the end, shouldn't it always do that? But how
> does this fit with the corba standard? Does it (at least theoretically)
> work with mixed corba implementations?

I'm not an expert on the CORBA standard, but you can find something here,
section 13.6.10.1:

http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?formal/04-03-07

It seems they where introduced on 2.4 release, you can find a reference on
the last release info:

http://www.omg.org/technology/corba/corba3releaseinfo.htm

"Interoperable Name Service
The CORBA object reference is a cornerstone of the architecture. Because the
computer-readable IOR was (until now!) the only way to reach an instance and
invoke it, there was no way to reach a remote instance - even if you knew
its location and that it was up and running - unless you could get access to
its object reference. The easiest way to do that was to get a reference to
its Naming Service, but what if you didn't have a reference for even that?

The Interoperable Name Service defines one URL-format object reference,
corbaloc, that can be typed into a program to reach defined services at a
remote location, including the Naming Service. A second URL format,
corbaname, actually invokes the remote Naming Service using the name that
the user appends to the URL, and retrieves the IOR of the named object.

For example, the corbaloc identifier

corbaloc::www.omg.org/NameService

would resolve to the CORBA Naming Service running on the machine whose IP
address corresponded to the domain name www.omg.org (if we had a Name Server
running here at OMG). In late 2000 this service was added to CORBA in the
2.4 release, where object URLs are section 13.6.10, and configuration of
initial service references are section 4.5.3. The definition of a standard
syntax for object compound names appears in the Naming CORBAservice, where
it is Chapter 2.4. "

Best regards.

--

Alejandro García Castro