Re: ORBit2 to SUN ORB

Fabien Tassin wrote:

According to bla bla:

I'm having a problem getting my C client using ORBit2 to
connect to a Java server using SUN's ORB. I believe there
was an entry in the FAQ that referred to the integration of
ORBs and how there was a problem a developer had to get
around in order for the ORB's to communicate. What is that
problem?

My C client connects to the SUN ORB without hassle using
corbaloc/CosNaming, but when the client needs a bound
object resolved it hangs in a loop of forwards and
requests. I can paste the actual packets of this
communication and the source code if anyone requires. Has
anyone else had this problem?

I have a similar loop 100% reproducible due to a bug
in the Orbit2 forwarding code. Nobody seems to care here.
I've patched Orbit2 and I'll submit it when/if I'm able
to fix a side effect of my changes that occurs in CORBA_Object_release().

I am very much interested in your patch ;)
Please, can I have a look at your  patch?

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Rehberger <Frank Rehberger web de>
The Twelve Networking Truths - http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1925.html