Re: [orbit] object_to_string & string_to_object

Marcus Lunzenauer wrote:

I have some problems using the methods CORBA_ORB_object_to_string and CORBA_ORB_string_to_object.

here you find help:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/ORBit2/orbit-docs/orbit/book1.html
http://www.gnome.org/projects/ORBit2

Last question:

One of my objects has a oneway method. What happens if I invokef that method, that object is then processing this method but gets another method call? What happens if that object gets 10000 calls while processing the first one?

this depends on your ConcurrencyModel, have a look at the example "threaded-calculator" in orbit "beginners guide"
The trick is to setup Object Adapter (POA) with correct ConcurrencyPolicy.
If you init ORBit2 as mutlithreaded mode (default mode) you can choose between modes "sequential" "thread per object" "thread per connection" and "thread per request" (AFAIK).

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Frank

--