C client for EJB session bean interface

Hello all,

I'm trying to use Orbit (2.9.0) to create a C client for a J2EE
application.

Therefore, I generated the IDL files for the home and remote interface,
as well as some essential EJB exceptions (CreateException and
RemoteException) of the related session bean using rmic.

When I try to use orbit-idl-2 to generate sources for the generated IDL
files, the idl compiler indicates that it cannot handle the "valuetype"
concept, which is used in the IDL translation of the CreateException.

Therefore,
I would like to ask you whether any of you have experience with
accessing a J2EE application from C using Orbit. Do you know a way to
cope with the value-type problem?

I assume hat the C-language mapping for CORBA does not support value
types (yet?). Is there any way to work around this problem. In example,
is there a way to write an IDL translation of the EJB-exception classes
that do not rely on valuetype?

Kind regards,
Bart Du Bois
PhD Student Lab On REengineering
Department of Mathematics-Computer Science
University of Antwerp
Belgium
http://win-www.ruca.ua.ac.be/u/bdubois

PS: I received the following output from the orbit idl-compiler:

orbit-idl-2 -I. -I /home/bduboi/downloads/ORBit2-2.9.0/src/idl/CORBA/
voorschrift/SequentialVoorschrift
IteratorHome.idl
orbit-idl-2 2.9.0 compiling mode, show preprocessor errors, passes:
stubs skels common headers skel_impl imodule

javax/ejb/CreateEx.idl:17: Error: `valuetype' undeclared identifier
cpp0: output pipe has been closed

** (process:24854): WARNING **:
voorschrift/SequentialVoorschriftIteratorHome.idl compilation failed

---

The javax/ejb/CreateEx.idl content is:
/**
 * javax/ejb/CreateEx.idl
 * Generated by rmic -idl. Do not edit
 * Thursday, June 24, 2004 1:52:46 PM CEST
 */

#ifndef __javax_ejb_CreateEx__
#define __javax_ejb_CreateEx__

#ifndef __javax_ejb_CreateException__

module javax {
module ejb {

    valuetype CreateException;

};
};

#endif

module javax {
module ejb {

    exception CreateEx {

        CreateException value;

    };

};
};

#include "javax/ejb/CreateException.idl"
#endif

It's original java-declaration is:
package javax.ejb;

public class CreateException extends Exception {
    public CreateException() {}

    public CreateException(String message) {
        super(message);
    }
}