RE: CORBA_any question

Hi Johan,

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 23:40, Johan Antonsson wrote:
> Seem like I've used an approach similar to yours. Can you tell me some
> more about the nasty _value syntax for strings?

	Heh ;-) _value is a char **; so you need &str_ptr; in there - to
allocate it is more painful clearly - use DynamicAny or somesuch I
guess.

> What about fields of structs transported in any's? Do they also have a
> funny syntax?

	Nope; that's just fine: any->_value = struct_pointer; any->_type =
TC_struct_type; and it will marshall all the children [ NB. strings
cannot be NULL ].

	HTH,

 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot