From: Michael Meeks [mailto:michael@ximian.com]
Sent: den 19 januari 2004 21:16
To: Johan Antonsson
Cc: Orbit list
Subject: Re: Multiple definition of type when linking

Hi Johan,

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 22:08, Johan Antonsson wrote:
> I'm having problems linking *-common.o files generated with
orbit-idl-2
> (Orbit2 2.4.1 on Red Hat 8) and I can't understand why. I'm getting
the
> following output from the compiler:

	OK - again you tread in a place that is not nice.

	The real trick here - is to include all your IDL files into 1
place,
and then compile just that into 1 big file.

	Failing that - there are ways to get around the include /
linkage
problems in IDL; dig at libbonobo/idl/Bonobo.idl's #pragma approach.
That means essentially that sub-IDL compiles can refer to all the bonobo
symbols in their IDL and resolve them in a conflict-free way vs. the
libbonobo library.

	HTH,

 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot