From: Michael Meeks [mailto:michael@ximian.com]
Sent: den 12 januari 2004 11:53
To: Johan Antonsson
Cc: Frank Rehberger; Orbit-List (E-mail)
Subject: RE: ORBit_small_freekids howto

Hi Johan,

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 15:43, Johan Antonsson wrote:
> Does this mean that I'm not supposed to use the macros generated
> from idl and which are located in the .h file? Se below. I was
> under the assumption that I have to allocate an
> se_foi_flex_appl_adapterinterface_dc_C_KeyValuePair with
> se_foi_flex_appl_adapterinterface_dc_C_KeyValuePair__alloc().
> If that's not the case, what is the recommended approach?
> ORBit_alloc_tcval, malloc? Do you have any good examples
> of similar use?

	I think the trick is: if you want to use these internals - be clueful;
ie. go read the implementation - which is not complex to see what it
does; write a gtk-doc style comment and send it as a patch to us :-)
Otherwise - just use the generated headers.

	The reason this is a macro is to save time / space / link slots. It
frees the allocated children of a complex type but not the type itself.

	HTH,

 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot